Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Thanksgiving Turkey Curse

We were headed for a really fun Thanksgiving...J's fam and mine all together, and in the new HOT TUB to boot!

But alas...the Turkey Curse struck again!

See...for many years now, our family has been dogged by the Turkey Curse. Something bad always happens to muck up the works for Thanksgiving. It started in college. One year, my grandmother contracted meningitis during the break, so my mom had to fed-ex everyone who attended special, high power, preventative antibiotics. There were people in from NY and Texas (and not just me.) So that was interesting.

And then there was the year that my sister broke her jaw. Right before Thanksgiving. Surgery during Thanksgiving. what a mess.

There have also been lesser incidents, but still resulting in someone being unable to partake of the meal....wisdom teeth out, etc....

This year proved to be no different. J contracted pneumonia. GOOD HEAVENS! and we thought he might be okay to travel, until the meds made him worship the porcelain god for days on top of everything else. We also didn't want him to give anything to my grandparents, who catch any disease if you look at them crosseyed. So, we had to scrap the whole thing. No me & J, no J's fam, nothing. He felt so bad, and my poor aunt was stuck with a 25 lb turkey to boot! Curses, foiled again! What can you do?

Meanwhile back at the ranch....
I went ahead and kept dress appointments up north anyways, because....well, I needed a dress!
AND I FOUND ONE!
so now our wedding consists of:
a place
and
something for me to wear.

thats it! no food yet, although we are working feverishly on that end....will keep you posted. I sure will feel better once I know how we are feeding everyone....

But, that's it. oh, and lots of sitting on the couch.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home