Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Friday, November 07, 2003

and I live to tell the tale

Well, yesterday was our first show.

and the kids did alright.

Course, I had no way of knowing that, since I had to SIT on them the last couple of days to get them quiet backstage and hitting their cues. And then there is this little guy who just really has had his brain fried, and can't remember what to move or when to move it. Poor little freshman.

But, they really pulled it offf. I was shocked, and very pleasantly surprised. Things moved on and off stage effortlessly, for the most part. Really a treat to watch. and I sat in the back, so they sounded quiet backstage to me.... HA!

Although, I did hear that they were loud at a couple points, but hey, they are 10 feet from the audience, in some cases, so what do you expect?

Tonight soon-to-be-family sorts will be attending. I hope they think it's okay. I hope it goes well. I mean--it's a high school theatre production. What can you expect? But I hope they still like me and want me to be related to them after they see it...what stress!

in other random unrelated news, I heard a story about a guy in tenessee who sued the state after being ticketed for flashing his brights to other motorists to warn them of a hidden police car. He sued on the grounds that the police infringed on his freedom of expression. He won! go him! I thought that was cool. Stick it to the man! ha!

Meanwhile back at the ranch, we can't afford to get married, so please send your contributions by check, money order, or pay pal. and cash, cash works too....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home