Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

To shop or not to shop....

Oh the choices we make in life.

It's the holidays (bad enough-so many sales, so little time. One for you, two for me....) but then I started reading this book that I borrowed from my future SIL called "Shopaholic". Bad move.

The protagonist? (question mark meaning that I am not sure she actually is one, not that I don't know how to spell it or if its the correct word...get it?)
of the book would have us believe she might actually die if she doesn't get to the swankiest store on the block before it closes and purchase that silk scarf. (Granted, a bit of light reading, but hey--it's fun, and it's all written in the casually chic British vernacular...and did I mention it's about shopping? what's not to like?)

Now I am dreaming about pencil skirts and skinny scarfs, sleek pants, striped tights, new purses and bags, new boots and certainly new earmuffs. ARGGH. not a good move for a girl who is nowhere near affording the catering bill for her wedding next year. Maybe I will just say "sorry suckers! eat pb&j finger sandwiches while I enjoy my new swing coat!" HA!

My new quest: to be a buff bride. I should try to get on the show! Do they pay for your personal trainer if you do?

Yes, I think that is my new quest. I want to look fab in my wedding dress, and not just because I am the bride, either. Now I just have to figure out how to make it happen. Hmmm.....selling my body on the street might work.....it's walking, and they say you burn lots of calories when you.....YOU know....and, they pay you! TWO birds with one stone!
It's just the disease part of the equation that gets me every time.....ew. Maybe not....

oh well. will just have to resort to bank robbery or the dreaded "get another job" tact. Dang.

Course, I could always play the lottery....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home