Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Monday, October 13, 2003

i have no words, except yes!

well...it finally happened.

the one thing i thought would never happen to me. i got engaged! (can you even believe it?!)

so, here's the scoop:

I had a terrible day on friday. it was just awful, and to top it off, work kept me late too.

on my way home, i was grumpy. i even tried to convince the boy to go to the (supposed) b-day dinner without me. he wouldn't go (god love 'im).

I sputtered into the apartment with my arms filled with junk to find a trail of roses laid out leading me into the...kitchen? (that's odd) no...they led into the backyard where christmas lights winked at me. there were only two chairs set up, and J was already sitting in one, sort-of stiff like, with his hands in the pocket of his jacket.

my brain was yelling...no! not like this! i was still wearing my painting clothes from work! but in the end, it didn't matter, and it really was perfect. I love our tiny backyard, and now I have a really good reason, besides all the flowers.

there was a wonderful card, many tears, and we both ended up sitting on the ground by the end of it. it was kinda surreal...but incredibly sweet--AND a complete surprise.

And we made engagement pancakes the next day! best pancakes I ever had...

How strange is the word Fiancee? but we can't stop saying it. I will probably get a few more bruises from running into the walls while gazing at my ring...but they are all worth it.

Imagine! someone loves me enough to give me a ring! And that someone is my favorite person. How lucky can you get?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home