Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Thursday, October 07, 2004

and I been locked out....

At Home Depot yesterday morning, where I spend a good chunk of time in my profession, I provided myself one of those magic moments when the stars align, and everything shuts down.

I somehow managed to turn my steering wheel into a position that locked both my steering column and ignition. Trusty husband was in a training class in the city...no use waiting for rescue. Stuck at the depot, I began harrassing passers-by to assist. Two tried valiantly, to no avail. I was heading back into the store (they have tools in there, right? Surely someone in there will be able to wrangle it free, right?) when I happened upon an official-looking fireman/police/crime scene guy. I dragged him over the vehicle, and wouldn't you know, he steps in and TOUCHES the ignition with the key, and it rolls right over. Sheesh. I felt like a moron, and spent the next few moments professing how stuck it had been just moments before. Whatever.

I was back on the road a scant 45 minutes later. Stupid car.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Crowded House reference duly noted and appreciated!!

    - Jen

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger I am a motorboat mom said…

    I figured you'd be the only one to get it, so good on ya! I couldn't be friends with you anymore if you didn't catch that....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home