Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Saturday, October 04, 2003

Late nite smorgasbord

It's hard being an new ebay addict.
I don't bid much, i just peruse for hours.
In fact, I think i just got repetitive stress in my right hand tonight. I kept getting the distinct impression I was cutting off circulation because my fingers kept getting cold and turning blue.

oh well.

The new item i covet is a vintage cowboy lampshade. Floor lamp size--which is the main prob. mostly they are only table lamp size. must keep looking.... will fit in great with our kitchy living room. I'm sure J will LOVE that....

anyway.

went to the book fair today.

expected it to be like those scholastic book fairs that I went to when I was in elementary school. Those were the best. I couldn't wait to get that four page pamphlet in my hands. I'd pour over it for hours, trying to decide on which book I wanted. I was completely floored when I was the first person in the third grade to get a copy of the newly released "Superfudge". Ahh. those were the days.

But this wasn't really like that. There were many authors, mostly for a new generation of Superfudge-aged kids. And they spoke, or did readings from their books.
It was fun, but it didn't come anywhere near my scholastic book fair days.
oh well.

The main thing it did was remind me that I really do want to write something good enough to get published someday. I have a good story sense, I bet I could write kids books. I used to make up stories and tell them to my cousins. I think i could easily wrassle up an illustrator. But I think mostly I'm scared. I am scared to try. I should just start. if it sucks, it sucks. but at least i will have started.
and, not that authors make alot of money, but it would be a nice additional source of income, at any rate.

My grandmother always told me to marry into money. She said that from as young as I can remember. And my response (even back then) was "Forget that. I'm going to make my own money." I just thought that was a ludicrous statement. like I couldn't be smart enough to pull down my own living all by myself. And I have thought that way since I was 7. I'm no millionaire, I do okay. But I can't help but feel there is some "big thing" out there for me to accomplish. It still feels like it's in the future somewhere, and I am not ready for it yet. But, I think it will be something i write--a play, a book...I don't know. But it just seems like it's in there somewhere.

I should start writing.

Maybe I will....

Hmm.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home