Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Monday, September 15, 2003

so many things

So, here I am at work.

I turn 31 tomorrow, and finally feel like my life is starting.
It's an odd feeling. I mean, a good, odd feeling.

I have this pretty cool job, where they feed me lunch everyday and I get to play with powertools and kids all day long where we all pretend to be something we arent. Can you beat that? no, I didn't think so.

And, I feel like my personal life is doing really well. I mean, I think I hit the jackpot.

I have a great home, the best roomate, and enough friends to come to a big bash in our honor. Wait. Who am I fooling? MY HONOR, dangit!

And, to top off the cake, I was recognized at a very nice awards ceremony last night for something I love to do. Our show won best musical! That is very exciting.

And, I personally won for best choreographer, best set design, and best director. That last one is pretty meaningful to me, since this is the first time my directing skills haven't been used for strictly high school kids. They gave out silverplated bowls for the awards. So, now I have a full set, I guess. We can eat chips and dip out of them next weekend! how cool is that?

All in all, it's been a good time the last few days. And I mean that. And not just in a cynical, let-me-tell-you-how-hard-my-life-has-been kind of way.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home