Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Friday, August 22, 2003

Oh Yes

Now I remember what it was like to be teaching.

Everyone wants something from you, and you have five million things to do, but you can't remember any of them. AND your office is wrecked. But that is standard.

Hmm.

Forgot about all the wackiness that teaching entails.

But, it's been fun. And it probably will be fun. well, at least not boring. Teaching is lots of things, but never boring.

and so far, I've been perceived as (well, I think, anyways) as funny and nice by my other new teacher folks.

which is good.

And, I've met some nice folks too. Although i am suspect of one person in particular. I don't know if we will get along. But I figure, if enough people like me and my ideas, then i have a better chance of winning him over.

It is a bit of a consolation to me that I have teaching experience under my belt already. I am not worried about discipline problems. I am worried about the five shows I am supposed to TD. YIPE!

But it will be fine. I will be very busy, which I will like.
and although the drive is east-jesus-the-other-side-of-the-world, it isn't too bad, actually. Gives me time to think. Heaven knows I need that...

We are going home to phili for a dinner party for me grandparents wedding anniversary. it's alot of years. 62? 64? I don't know how many exactly, but it makes my head hurt to really think about it.

anyways, I am taking lots of forms and stuff with me this weekend, and the wifi laptop the school has provided. which wont help me at all, because my mom has NO internet access at all, let alone a router. boo hiss.

I will leave you with this mornings events:

To preface: we have been bird-sitting for J's uncle's parakeet. His name is Bird Blue, and he sits on our kitchen table. We play lite jazz for him when we leave for the day.
J: (while wiggling his hips in front of the bird cage)lalalallaalalalallaaa
Me: what are you doing to that poor bird?
J: the lambirdie.

Good night folks!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home