Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Tuesday, September 16, 2003

too much lunch

well, today is my birthday.

no one at work really knows that, except that they posted it in the upper school announcement folders, which no one will read or notice.

And that brings me to the thing about birthdays.

You don't want people to make a big fuss.
So you dont' tell anyone.
But then, you feel a slight tinge that you are walking around on a very significant day with NO attention paid to the fact that it is a significant day.
So then, you wish there was someone sly & reliable to leak the news for you.
But then, you don't want to tell someone to leak the news, because that seems self-serving.
So, you just hope that your friends will read your mind.
But sometimes, your friends don't know the people where you work.
But really, I don't want a big fuss.

and there you have it.

I am not saying that I am disappointed in my birthday attention. Not in the least. I got a lovely birthday breakfast at 6:15 this morning. Pancakes! mmmm....pancakes.....
and gifts! there were gifts too. which is very nice. So really, no complaints. honest.

oh, and I ate too much at lunch today....bbblllffft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home