Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Flat tire

So, as you might have read on J's blog, I'm on crutches.

Like the magnetic object I am, I somehow managed to swiff my foot over a needle in our carpet. It went in at a nasty angle, and then when I pulled my foot up to survey the damage, the rest of the needle (perhaps the 2 centimenters that WEREN'T in my foot) lodged in the carpet. The upwards motion created a popping sensation, and TADA...needle lodged in my foot. Painful, yes--but I feel the need to point out that what they did in the emergency room hurt far worse.

This story seems to really affect the people hearing it--even more than me--the person it happened to. Yes, it is creepy, however, it wasn't like i knew AHEAD of time that I was going to get a needle jammed in my foot. I always think the fear of "impending" pain makes things hurt worse than the actual "surprise" pain. One part of the reason why the unsuccessful emergency room procedure hurt so much. That, and OH YEAH lidocaine shots to the bottom of your foot hurt like a mofo.

Anyways...suffice to say that 3 surgeries later...no more heavy metal. Unless you count the crutches. That I have to be on. For three weeks.

Suck.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger SB said…

    Second time hearing it = second time feeling faint and having to think about something else lest I become face-to-face friends with the floor.

    Ow. Ow ow ow. Hope it feels better now. :)

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger I am a motorboat mom said…

    Thanks Sam!
    yeah, it doesn't hurt all that much. Anymore. And besides, I had some good drugs!
    However, you never realize all the things you can't do on your own once you can't walk. Things like cook or prepare food (including cereal--it doesn't go well with hopping!), go up and down stairs, shower, carry anything, chase kitties....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home