Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Ruminations

I think I like building sets, because well, let's face it. Nothing has to be done to perfection. Stuff only has to look good enough to look good from 20-50 feet away. No audience member will ever see the stain on the chair, or the fact that we didn't paint in between the lines, exactly. No one notices that stuff. you just have to have a rough approximation of whatever you are making, to get your point across.

I like that sort of bold paintbrush approach to life. Its really too bad that most things get put under the microscope under huge scrutiny in daily life. I'm not great at daily life. I like making things crooked on purpose, because I am not good at straight lines. I like brightly mismatched colors because it's easier than finding everything that matches exactly. I only like painting the furniture, not FINISHING it...with the final clear coats of protective finish. I can't be bothered with stuff like that. What is my deal?

Course, I could just be really lazy.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home