Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Playing housewife

**hot poop everyone!

Since I seem to be eminently unemployable this summer (turned down by Ann Taylor Loft, Randstad temp agency, my old job at M&M, and A dog walking company), I have taken up the last ditch effort at gainful emply to become a housewife, however temporarily. I do laundry, I bake (complete with apron), I cook all meals, I vaccuum, I grocery shop, I do errands, I clean....I am making such an effort, I even do the DISHES.

But I fear, I am failing there too. We have these damn flying bugs in the house, and when we removed the source (the breads mentioned by husband), I thought they'd leave. But they don't leave. Ever. I am going mad, and I am afeared to use chemicals because of the Bean. So I stand at the sink for many hours a day, and squash them. I have probably killed 30 or 40 of them in the last week, and still, they fly all over. I don't know what else to do. I even went to a website called "What's that Bug" to see if I could identify the critters so I'd know how to get rid of them. I looked at countless bug pictures until I felt queasy, and I still don't know what they are. So, I'll just refer to them as Satan's minions.

If you have any suggestions on how to rid the house of Satan's minions (I swear at this point I will even do excommunications if you think it will help) I am all ears.

Please help. I don't want to be fired from this job too....


**I couldn't remember the word I was looking for in the top of this post that warns someone when they are about to read something sickening. So, I looked up "warning" on dictionary.com. You will be pleased to know that one of the synonyms for warning as a "communication, noun, information" was the term "hot poop".

2 Comments:

  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    hey, i'm one of jason's friends from VT. i vote EXORCISM to rid the house of bugs. ;p

    Or board the Bean somewhere while you have the place fumigated.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe they are fruit flies. They breed very quikly. Move all of your fruit into the fridge and wipe down your sink after doing dishes. Leave no water or foods out and eventually they will die off.

    I've been visited by a plague of black flies. Much, much nastier, I'm afraid. Killing them is quite a thrill, though. THWACK!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home