Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Supersized!

We caught Supersize Me over the long weekend.

Now, I know that "documentaries" can be edited or filmed in such a way that the whole thing is incredibly slanted. However, this one seemed to be pretty straightforward, honest, and confirmed suspicions that I have secretly held for years: That McDonald's and other fast food chains are secretly hoping to take over the world by addicting millions of people to their food, and then slowly killing us all off through massive heart failure--bad horror movie-style.

In case you haven't heard, it's a documentary about a guy who decides to eat McDonald's 3 times a day, for 30 days. It is also chock full of information about how we eat today. It's very enlightening, or so I thought.

Man, after watching that, I am going to be the most neurotic mother ever. Wait. That was probably going to happen anyways, but now REALLY it's going to happen.

They showed high school kids eating lunch. All they ate were french fries and soda. ack! (I already knew that, okay, I'm a teacher, but it is rough when you are watching it with all the statistics!)

The film gave numerous statistics about the amount of fat, calories and sugar included in various meals, how much of these devils the average person consumes...etc etc. It was truly horrifying and disgusting.

My most terrifying moment came when they talked about how the creators of Baskin and Robbins (mr. baskin and mr. robbins)both died an early death of a heart attack. From ice cream! I eat pretty well, but I can't NOT eat ice cream. I love it. I can eat less of it, but I will still want it...low carb diet be dammed. I'm doomed.

Anyway, highly recommended...and I think it should be shown for educational value in schools. Kids are rotting their brains. and their bodies. More so than ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home