Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Monday, May 17, 2004

busy bees

we went to philly this weekend to visit the seester before her internship starts this summer.
She is doing lighting at a theatre down the shore for the summer.

Much time was spent by the fam cautioning seester against climbing up too high on ladders, and strapping herself in...blah blah blah. Good thing when I majored in theatre they had no idea what it entailed. Poor seester.

I was also dragged to see the stinkbomb "Troy". They could have just named it "Movie for no reason except to see sweaty men in sarongs." It sucked wind, hard. Besides the mangled re-telling of myths from old, (the Illiad) there was no plot, it was completely devoid of a protagonist, and it may as well have just spliced scenes from LOTR and painted over them with men in skirts-they were that similar. Oh, let's turn Orlando Bloom's character into an archer (splice), let's show millions upon millions of soldiers about to maim each other in hand-to-hand combat (splice). SIGH. That's three hours of my life I will never get back. ICK.

we are preparing for the mother of all yard sales...we are getting rid of so many things because A) we don't want to move them, and B) we are getting new stuff from the wedding, and we need someplace to put it. So, out with old, rusty teapot, in with cute, new, blue teapot. (Plus that helps with not getting tetnus, so bonus!)

the cicadas are here. They are disgusting. One was waiting outside the door this morning as I left. Wings and all. Blech. I hope this goes quickly, and they leave. I am not a bug fan, and I am especially not a large-winged-crunchy-bug fan. EEEEEEW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home