Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Saturday, May 19, 2007

cat out of bag

I only know of one person who reads this thing...so mostly, this is for her.

I am pregnant. I think most people know that.

However, what they may not know, or wish to know, is all kinds of weird side effects that I have been experiencing. I am sure i am not the only woman to ever have these side effects, but since it's happening to me, I feel like it is weird and unique. As all people naturally would.

Disclaimer: don't read beyond this point if you don't want to be subjected to a healthy dose of TMI....

If you don't know what TMI means, look it up!

Strange pregnancy side effects:

1. many boogers. I am soooo much boogerier than I have ever been in my life. It's like my nose is working overtime.

2. Inability to cook. My dinners have become less elaborate...naturally. However, there are several times I have out and out ruined meals by doing the following: not properly following directions or recipes, flipping the meat out of the pan and onto the floor (!), and making things that are just plain inedible. I used to be really good cook. What is up with that?! Now I mostly subsist on cereal. pathetic.

3. Tensing my legs and stomach all night, most nights. I don't know if this is considered "restless leg syndrome" or what, but it is really bad. I've even woken up with a charley horse or two. I worried at first that because I was tensing my stomach muscles all night, I was squishing the baby, but the doctors say that isn't happening. So now I don't worry so much. But it doesn't mean I sleep well either. Tie that into the fact that I always was a stomach sleeper to begin with, and man, I am having problems. This whole "sleep on your left side" theory sucks, as my shoulder and arm fall asleep too.

4. What do I eat for lunch? you can't have lunchmeat or peanut butter or soft cheeses (like they always put in good greek salads). Lunch is so lame now.

5. dry skin on my lips. So far I have escaped it everywhere else, but my lips are wrecked. The skin just peels right off of them. ouch.

6. I have a cough that I have had for about 6 or 7 weeks. I have been to the doctor, and they don't know what it is. I have already been through one round of amoxicillan. No dice, didn't help. I will refer to it as the pregnancy cough, since it is showing no signs of leaving anytime soon.

7. due to said pregnancy cough, when I really get going, a little pee leaks out. lovely.

8. no snuggling in bed with the husband. it isn't comfortable anymore. and he can't get past the great wall of pillows that I need to sleep with anyways. I miss him.

9. i have never had much in the way of cellulite. however, I think my legs are starting to be made of cottage cheese, all the way down to my ankles. ewwwwwww.....

10. Can't wear pants. Pants bug me. I am pantsless in seattle. or virginia, actually. they make my stomach cramp and I hate them. i even took a pair of scissors to a pair of new pants in the car, cause I couldn't stand the elastic waist. I wear dresses whenever I can.

11. Can't stay awake past 9 pm. for anything, really. sooooo tired....

I'm sure there are other things. I will amend this when I think of them.

ta ta!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger David Donarumo said…

    So, now you're calling me a woman?

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Athan said…

    if this is the former ms. Scattolini, this is the current mr. Jon Webb. I am living in Virginia and my lovely and far more talented wife recalled that you might have moved to Virginia. MY blog is athanlee.blogspot.com
    or email at jonw@dulleschurch.org or see pictures of our TWO kids at myspace.com/jonwebbmusic
    If this is not the former ms. scattolini, please disregard.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home