Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

spring break blues

Here I am, on spring break, and I should be happy as a clam. However, I am a bit under the weather. Not sick, per se, but just coming down with a healthy dose of reality about our finances. And the weather is smashing, thanks for asking. I'm just not feeling quite as sunny.

We owe some money (not that much, mind you) to the credit card boss man. Couple that with a trip we are supposed to take and a kitchen we are supposed to re-do, and well....you get the idea.

It seems as if we should not either a)take said trip (or modify said trip), or b) not do kitchen. And forget doing anything fun in between trip or kitchen, that is right out the window...

Therefore, whereas I was planning to use this break to spiff up the house with some new shades and geegaws (new doormat, various plantings, projects I may or may not finish....etc) I am not able to buy anything. It's a sure way to pop your spring break bubble, no doubt about it.

Now all that is left is housework. hoo-rah.

I guess it could be worse. I'm not on spring break in bagdad....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home