Lies and Propaganda

Getting Down with my Bad Self

Saturday, April 08, 2006

state of affairs

I am pissed at the fashion world right now. Really pissed. I lose weight, and want to buy all things spring (bright, cheery...you know, greens pinks blues....COLOR after a dreary winter) yet am told at every shop window that BROWN & white is in for spring. Brown & white? I have brown & white and wear it everyday. My hair, my skin and my eyes. I don't really need any more, thank you. Jerks. Neutrals in spring. Honestly...wtf? How many blousy white tops can you own? ridiculous.

J and I had a lovely time back in St. maarten, I might add. Got sunburned. All down the front, but not on the face--was wearing a floppy lovely straw hat the whole time. Am peeling now, though, and very itchy. You know....kitchen renovations are very overrated! :) perhaps that will be summer project now....hmmm. Better start saving up again! hee hee!

My school celebrated world hunger day. Lunch for everyone was rice and beans. the kids complained all day, and stashed bags of doritos in their stuff. Sort of missing the point, I suppose, but...whatever. It will be the only time any of those kids go hungry in their entire lives, so if it makes them think even for one day about someone else....it isn't such a bad idea.

We are getting new windows. Finally. Still costing an arm and a leg, but at least it isn't an arm, a leg, a thyroid and 3 fingers of my good arm. Windows suck, and they are really expensive. But we dont' have much choice in the matter. Perhaps our new windows will prevent the breeze from rustling our window coverings.

This is the year of the wedding. We have one wedding tomorrow, two major showers this summer, another wedding in June, another in August and the big FINALE wedding in October. Whew! Apparently, Chinese folks weren't the only ones to shy away from a 2005 wedding! (Last year's year of the monkey--I think that was it---was considered very bad luck. Year of Dog much betta!)

DVRing it up these days, and I feel like Debbie Travis is my new best friend. SOOOO many things I want to do to this house!! But alas....no time, no monies. And, we are itching to travel. Since we did Rome last year for our anniversary, we are looking for something stupendous this year as well. We are now taking all suggestions, and free trips!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home